At Corderoy, we are committed to create opportunities to support communities and enable sustainable economic growth in an environmentally responsible way.
We endeavour to assist our clients to optimise the social, economic and environmental benefits their projects are able to provide through effective planning and project controls.
Our priorities are to:
A great Place to Work and Sustainable Employment
- Creation of vibrant places to work through a hands-on approach to people management, contemporary office spaces and the use of state-of-the-art technologies.
- Application of our ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management System to protect the wellbeing of our staff.
- Creation of an environment that is diverse, inclusive and one where everyone has equality of opportunity.
- Structured training and development for people to reach their potential in an inclusive and supportive environment.
- Recruitment, development and promotion of our people based on skills, experience, performance and capability only.
Interaction with our Local Communities
- Working with our local communities at grass roots level to help grow a pipeline of local diverse talent.
- Developing strong links with local educational settings and providing apprenticeship opportunities to provide local young people with the right skills and a defined sustainable career path.
- Being an active member of communities including supporting local charities and clubs.
- Developing a supply chain of local suppliers and service providers.
- Deploying effective control measures to ensure that all of our staff, business partners and supply chains uphold our high ethical standards including a zero-tolerance of modern slavery.
Respecting the Environment
- Effective management of the environmental impact of our business through our ISO 14001:2015 accredited Environmental Management System.
- Striving to challenge and reduce our impact, be it within the workplace as an employee; from a client perspective; or within the local communities within which we operate.
- Maintaining environmental priorities that support the UN’s 17 sustainability development goals in some way.
Our Carbon Footprint
- Reducing waste through recycling, energy efficient facilities, digital solutions and use of green energy.
- Reduction in the impact of business travel through use of local staff, facilities to support hybrid working, reductions in company car emissions and the promotion of alternative means of transport.
- Cascading our carbon reduction objectives through our supply chain.
- Provide support to improve environmental impact assessment both in terms of our business and for our clients.