Throughout our history, we have been proud to be associated with a range of prestigious projects including a number of firsts for the UK:
- Birmingham University – Great Hall and blocks for mechanical engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, mining and metallurgy. England’s first civic university, a place where students from all backgrounds were accepted on an equal basis.
- M6 Toll (formerly Birmingham Northern Relief Road) – the first and only privately financed major toll road in the UK.
- Dinorwig Power Station – still regarded as on of the world’s most imaginative engineering and environmental projects and the largest scheme of its type constructed in Europe.
- Project SLAM – One of the largest new build and refurbishment projects in the UK across 52 locations from Scotland to Cornwall. This single living accommodation modernisation project improved or created more than 22,000 bedspaces over a 10-year programme.
- Conwy tunnel – the first immersed tube tunnel of its kind constructed in the UK and still the largest road tunnel in Wales.
- Thames Barrier – providing novel rotating cylinders as a retractable barrier system to protect Greater London from being flooded by exceptionally high tides and storm surges moving up from the North Sea.
- Channel Tunnel Rail Link – UK’s High Speed 1, a 67-mile (108 km) high-speed railway linking London with the Channel Tunnel
- Jabal Omar – composed of 40 towers with a total built-up area of approximately two million square meters, the project houses an array of hotels, apartments, residential units, and malls in the Middle of the Holy City of Makkah overlooking the Holy Mosque.
- American University of Iraq – Sulaimani – Construction of Academic Building, Student Accommodation, Presidency Building and associated Infrastructure to create an American-style liberal arts education to students from various economic, ethnic and religious backgrounds.
We are delighted to be continuing to build our legacy through our current portfolio of projects, including Lower Thames Crossing, HS2 and Wales & Borders Rail.